With COVID-19 restrictions in place, telehealth sessions are becoming a vital resource in the healthcare industry – especially for psychology. So, here are a few tips that Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti at Life Resolutions have compiled to help you to make the most of your Telehealth appointment.
Before the Session
1. Make sure you devise if fully charged – there is nothing worse than your phone going flat in the middle of a session, so make sure you’re prepared!
2. Find a good place for the session – try to find a place in your home that is quiet and private. If you live alone this should be simple; however, if you are living with housemates or family, you may need to let them know you are having an important call or put a “do not disturb” sign on your door.
3. Have a think about what you want to discuss – this doesn’t have to take hours, simply note down a few things you feel the need to discuss in your session to ensure you don’t forget.
4. Set yourself up – grab a cup of tea, find a notebook and pen, light a candle, anything that will make you feel more comfortable and ensure the session runs smoothly.
During the Session
1. Take notes – write down anything of importance that you need to remember.
2. Stay calm and relaxed – a telehealth session is just like any other; there is no need to feel anxious.
After the Session
1. Take the time to reflect – it is extremely important to take a bit of time after your session to reflect what you covered in the appointment. This is also a good time to write anything of importance down to take any actions discussed in the session.
2. Take the time to settle and compose yourself – try to avoid going straight back to your day after a session, just taking 5 minutes to relax and have a tea or wash your face will ensure that your mind will be fresh and ready to get on with your day.
However, these are simply tips! If you cannot do these, or they do not work for you personally, there is no problem at all! The most important thing is that you attend your session.
Life Resolutions – Professional Psychologists
If you are struggling with your mental health and need help, or simply need someone to talk to, don’t be afraid to reach out to the Life Resolutions team. The first step is always the hardest, but once you take it, you’ll start on the path towards long-lasting mental wellbeing. Everyone deserves to feel valued, worthwhile and happy, and you are no exception.
Contact Life Resolutions Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton Today
If you would like to hear more about the journey of Life Resolutions or speak to Mary Magalotti or Jodie Brenton, feel free to contact us HERE, or head to the Life Resolutions website to discover more about the work of Life Resolutions Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti.