Stress is a part of the human experience; everyone feels it from time to time – although it grains on some people more than others. Stress is not a mental illness in and of itself. However, severe and ongoing stress has a high risk of causing mental, emotional and physical illnesses. Therefore, it is essential that people are able to develop mechanisms to deal with their stress and to effectively address the causes at the root of the problem.
Everyone has different mechanisms to deal with stress, and this is a highly personal practice. So, it is vital to develop healthy outlets and practices that work for you. It also helps significantly to be open and aware of your feelings and to speak to your friends and family about the stresses you may be dealing with. An outer observer can bring you a new perspective that can be extremely helpful in providing insights on how to reduce your stress levels or combat the cause of the stress itself.
At Life Resolutions, our psychologists have an expanse of knowledge and experience in helping people to build healthy mechanisms to deal with stress. Our principal psychologist, Mary Magalotti and CEO and Founder, Jodie Brenton, have a strong understanding of stress and the importance of managing it effectively and addressing it early to avoid the development of other mental illnesses. Therefore, at Life Resolutions, we offer specific counselling services for people dealing with stress, on top of our other counselling services.
Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton have also put together a list of practices that may help you to manage your stress. Although it is important to remember that there are multitudes of ways in which to manage your stress, and different things work for different people.
Advice from Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton on Dealing with Stress
Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton have dealt with their own share of stress, and are passionate about providing psychological services through Life Resolutions to help people to deal with their stress. The following are a few tips that they compiled to assist people in managing stress.
- Maintain a work/life balance – do not overcommit yourself to work and ensure you allocate time to spend with friends and family to relax.
- Address any personal conflicts – conflict often grains on a persons’ mind, when left unaddressed, so it is important to deal with them promptly.
- Do something that you enjoy and/or gives you a sense of achievement – this could involve cooking a special meal, reading a book, spending time with your loved ones – anything that helps you to relax and let go of your stresses.
- Exercise regularly – we are told this constantly but often forget when we are overwhelmed by stress. However, it is important to make time for exercise as it is proven to release tension and help you to relax by releasing calming hormones that counter the actions of the stress hormones. Even just going for a daily walk will help.
- Find what works for you – remember that everyone is different, so focus on yourself and what makes you feel better.
- Ensure you get plenty of sleep and time to rest – this is vital in keeping a healthy mind and body.
- Seek help – when stress becomes overwhelming, and you are struggling to cope, seek help immediately, do no wait until it is too late.
If you are searching for stress counselling and management, the Life Resolutions team can help you. We can assist you by providing personalised techniques to deal with your stress. We can also work with you to identify any underlying issues that may be contributing to your stress levels and address the causes of our stress at the source.
The Life Resolutions Clinic
The team at Life Resolutions are passionate mental health professionals and are always happy to offer their services to help new clients overcome stress and put you back onto the path towards optimal mental wellbeing.
Due to the current stage four restrictions in Melbourne, our Life Resolutions clinics are offering Telehealth sessions in addition to face-to-face sessions. Telehealth allows us to continue to provide our mental health services to both new and existing clients despite social distancing restrictions.
Seek advice from Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton Life Resolutions Today
If you would like more information on the work of Life Resolutions or would like to speak to either Mary Magalotti or Jodie Brenton, feel free to contact us here. You are also welcome to head to the Life Resolutions website to discover more about Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti Life Resolutions work.