Life Resolutions help on Trauma
Trauma is defined as the direct or indirect exposure to an adverse event which leaves lasting and uncontrollable effects.
While humans and their brains are incredibly resilient and strong, when exposed to negative and painful experiences, the brain can be quite fragile, with these experiences often leading to trauma.
Both physical and psychological life events can result in the development of a trauma response. A trauma response can be caused by any number of situations and experiences, but some more common examples of such events include:
- Death of a loved one.
- Accidents that result in physical pain and injury.
- The breakdown of a relationship.
- Experiencing a natural disaster.
- Experiencing domestic violence.
- Experiencing sexual assault or rape.
- Exposure to war – as a citizen or a participant.
Common Symptoms of Trauma
While all individuals experience trauma differently, there is a range of reoccurring symptoms to look out for. These include but are not limited to;
- Disorientation – usually in the first 24 hours following a traumatic event.
- Inability to communicate effectively or respond to questions correctly.
- Denial of the occurrence of a traumatic event.
- Changes in sleeping patterns and nightmares of the traumatic experience.
- Developing an irrational and indefinable fear relating to the traumatic event.
How Life Resolutions Can Help
No matter how long has passed since a traumatic event occurred, it is never too late to seek support in dealing with the resulting trauma. At Life Resolutions, we offer both Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Trauma Model Therapy to support our clients with any trauma they may be experiencing.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT):
CBT involves treatment designed to allow a person to shift perception about a situation, allowing them to recover.
Trauma Model Therapy:
Trauma Model Therapy applies a more structured and in-depth approach to uncovering the root of your trauma, and then formulate a plan to deal with any residual pain felt.
Contact the Life Resolutions Team Today
If you or someone you know is struggling as a result of a traumatic experience, contact our team today. To book an appointment with at Life Resolutions, contact our friendly team today or head to our website for more information on the services offered at Life Resolutions.
|Life Resolutions Facebook|
|Life Resolutions LinkedIn|
|Life Resolutions Instagram|
|Life Resolutions Twitter|
|Life Resolutions Youtube|