The way you view yourself can have a major effect on your confidence and your mental health. Body image is an important factor of your self-esteem and self-confidence. In the age of social media, photoshop and dating apps, the judgement on one’s own body can be hash and detrimental.
Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti know just how it can be to constantly second guess or judge our own body and appearance. At Life Resolutions, we provide many different mental health services to help you tackle low self-esteem,eatingdisorders, depression, anxiety or any other issues.
When to Seek Help
If you are experiencing any of the following concerns, we recommend you seek help.
- You avoid activities or outings with friends because you do not like how you look.
- You are often spend a lot of time thinking about how you could change it.
- You are experiencing disordered eating or thoughts about food preoccupy your thoughts.
- You often exercise at the expense of enjoying other activities.
How To Start Improving Your Body Image
When your body image begins effecting your life, it is time to seek professional help. Mental health and medical professionals can help provide holistic care to identify any underlying health issues. Our team will help you on your journey to wellness. Some things that can help improve your body image include:
- Discussing ideas and feelings through conversation and counselling.
- Hypnotherapy, known as hypnosis therapy, to assist in unpacking subconscious thoughts and beliefs.
- Problem-solving together and devising a plan to help you move forward.
The Life Resolutions team are passionate about giving you the tools to live a happy and healthy life.
Contact the Life Resolutions Team Today
The team at Life Resolutions are currently offering Telehealth services as well as face-to-face consultations so that you can access mental health support from the comfort and safety of your own home. If body image is affecting you, your health and your happiness, contact us to book an appointment today.
Contact Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton Life Resolutions Today
The team at Life Resolutions invite you to learn more about the journey of our Director, Jodie Brenton, and our Principal Psychologist, Mary Magalotti, by contacting us here. You can also head to the Life Resolutions website to see more from Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti’sLife Resolutions work.