Addiction can come in many different forms; however, this does not change the severity of the condition. Addiction is a serious illness that can be treated with the help of a professional. Addiction influences many elements of people lives, therefore the condition requires holistic and high-quality treatment. Although there is a stigma against drug and alcohol addiction there is help and support available.
Our Director, Jodie Brenton wants to make support easily accessible for those struggling with addiction. Our head psychologist, Mary Magalotti and Life Resolutions team of psychologists can help you identify the causes of drug and alcohol issues in your life and find strategies for recovery that suit you.
It is important to identify if you are struggling with addiction. Here are some key signs and symptoms to look out for.
Identifying drug addiction:
- The urges to use drugs affect your daily activities
- You regularly increasing the amount of drugs you use
- You have financial concerns due to drug use
- Drug use affects your relationships
- You experience withdrawals
Identifying alcohol addiction:
- Often experiencing blackouts or memory loss while drinking
- Making excuses to drink
- Often drinking alone
- Hangover symptoms are experienced regularly
- Struggling with work, life, or relationships because of your drinking
A experienced psychologist can work to help you overcome addiction, or help you support a loved one struggling with the illness. Jodie Brenton and Mary Maglotti want you to get the support you need to overcome addiction If you are concerned about addiction, contact us today.
Seek Support at Life Resolutions
If you or a loved one is struggling, please book an appointment with Life Resolutions. Contact our friendly team today or head to our website for more information on the services we offer at LifeResolutions.