“As I improved my diet, I started to learn to love myself, probably for the first time ever” – Frank Ferrante, (Hungry For Change).
At Life Resolutions Airport West, we believe it is vital to care for both our physical and mental health. When we think of a healthy diet, fresh fruit and plenty of broccoli usually come to mind. But dieticians take this to another level, they provide expert nutritional advice and specifically tailor your diet for you They are able to plan diets for a wide range of people including those suffering from health problems such as allergies, high cholesterol, cardiovascular issues, and cancer. Furthermore, psychologists can be the best person to help you look after your health from a psychological standpoint.
Dietary changes can result in plenty of mental health benefits as well. Studies have shown that a diet consisting of high saturated fats and refined sugars can have negative impacts on neurotrophins. Neurotrophins are a family of proteins that play an important part in protecting the brain and supporting new cell growth. When they are not supported to work properly, our risk of experiencing depression or other mental health concerns may be greater. Therefore consultation with a dietician may help to decrease these risks through diet modification.
As well as nutritional changes, it is also important to look after your health from a psychological standpoint. There can be numerous psychological barriers to maintaining dietary changes and a psychologist can be the best person to help you explore these in order to move toward a healthier and more fulfilling life.
Additional benefits of speaking to psychologists may be:
- Helping you to see things from another perspective
- Supporting you to confront uncomfortable thoughts or feelings
- Decreasing your sense of loneliness and isolation through a supportive and caring therapeutic relationship
- Helping you to find ways to cope with everyday life and difficult experiences
- Providing a safe space in which you are able to share your difficult life experiences
- Improvement in emotional health which may translate to positive changes in physical health
- Increasing self-awareness
To make an appointment with one of our qualified dieticians or psychologists. Please contact Life Resolutions Airport West at 1300 668 256 or enquire online at www.liferesolutions.com.au/airport-west/counselling-services/