The Effects of COVID-19 on Mental Health
2020 has been a year of great stress for many people, and more Australians than ever are accessing mental health services to help them cope. The Black Dog Institute identified a substantial increase in those seeking support for conditions such as depression and anxiety. Others are also struggling with financial insecurity, health worries, and related stresses. Although all Australians are struggling, those in the healthcare profession, those with precarious employment, and those in quarantine are feeling the effects most strongly.
Jodie Brenton on Managing Mental Health During COVID
Jodie Brenton and all the Life Resolutions team are committed to providing high-quality mental health care to all that are struggling. The team also know that many Australians are experiencing issues with their mental health for the first time ever.
With that in mind, Jodie and the team have compiled some advice on coping with the pandemic –
- Stay social – it is important to continue to spend time with loved ones however you can – whether that be regular phone calls or socially-distanced coffee dates.
- Eat healthy – caring for your body helps keep your emotional health in check. Remember to eat three filling and balanced meals each day.
- Get enough sleep – sleep is our body’s inbuilt way of recharging for the next day, so make sure to get seven to eight hours every night.
- Stay active – exercising releases endorphins and reduces stress. Even going for a short walk is proven to help lift the mood.
- Get professional support – this year has been a tough one, and there is no shame in reaching out to a professional for some extra help. The team at Life Resolutions are here to provide skilled and compassionate psychology and mental health services.
Speak to the Life Resolutions Team Today
If this year has been tough for you, do not hesitate to reach out and ask for support. Please book an appointment with Life Resolutions by speaking to our friendly team. Please also feel free to read more about what we do on the Life Resolutions website.